10 Tips for Smart Curb Appeal
January 16, 2021
Curb appeal is incredibly important. Beyond reflecting an attractive aesthetic to the home’s exterior, it often encourages safety, property value, and neighborhood beauty. The term “curb appeal” refers to the landscaping, front entrance, paint, siding, and mailbox view of the home and is really the attractive-value of a property and its surroundings as viewed from the street or road.
While curb appeal is important at any time, it is very important when you are trying to sell – or buy – a home as well. There are many ways to improve curb appeal:
- Update the garden with a snazzy landscape design
- Paint the front door or exterior of the home
- Power wash the driveway and walkways
- Replace the house numbers with something beautiful and creative
- Install an upgraded mailbox and front doormat
- Add a charming front door wreath
- Reseed or resod the grass
- Place appropriate outdoor furniture on the porch or at the front of the home
- Upgrade exterior lighting including landscape lighting
- Enhance the front area with container gardens, flower boxes, or potted plants
In these photos you can see that the iScape landscape designers have created a remarkably flowery and beautiful garden for this home. While the home, in itself, is attractive, the gardens and improved landscape design truly puts personality into this property and increases its beauty. If you would like to improve your curb appeal, start with a few simple upgrades that will help your home truly shine in your neighborhood.
Download iScape now and build curb appeal for your property. iScape it!