Simple, Seasonal Porch Decor
November 9, 2019
Trees aren’t the only thing that get a transformation in Autumn. Why not make your porch cozier feeling with these fall patio must-haves:
- Doormat: Consider swapping out your doormat on the front porch with the seasons. Coir doormats lose their luster after a season’s hard work, so why not retire your summer doormat for a cute autumnal one?
- Wreath: Welcome the new season with a front door wreath or a bundle of dried Indian corn tied with a length of jute or an orange ribbon. Your wreath can be made of faux or preserved leaves, gourds or just pared down willow or grapevine.
- Cozy up with an outdoor rug and a stack of warm blankets for an evening spent out on the porch. You’d be surprised at how an outdoor rug can change the feeling of your outdoor space.
- A patio heater can extend the time that you can comfortably enjoy your outdoor space. The usual options are gas, electric and propane. As always, consider your safety when purchasing an outdoor heater.
- It just isn’t Autumn without a mini straw bale, a bushel basket of mums, and piles and piles of pumpkins and gourds. Not to mention towers of corn stalks and maybe even a scarecrow. Your fall decor can take you from September through to Thanksgiving without a lot of work.